Digital media is an excellent way to increase student participation and engagement in online courses. If you are Interested in incorporating more digital media into your courses, the Auraria library has a wealth of resources to help you find, make, and edit digital media. Here is an overview of some of the services offered:
- Resource Procurement: Have a digital resource you want to use in your course that the library doesn’t already have? Often the collection development librarians will be able to purchase it for you. Visit this page and find the contact info for the librarian in your subject area.
- Library Streaming Media Databases: the library has many databases that house streaming media which are searchable through the library’s website. Highlights include:
- Kanopy Streaming Video: A database of documentaries and feature films that can be embedded into Canvas.
- Films on Demand: A database of educational films. There is an LTI App for canvas that can embed videos from this database in many places within your Canvas course (contact CU Online for help adding this LTI).
- Creative Technology Commons: CTC offers many services for faculty including:
- Digitization services for DVD, VHS, and print materials.
- Software support: help with multimedia editing.
- Photography studio (that can also do video recording). Sign up to use the studio here.
- Support for Auriara’s Visual Resources Collection
- The Make Lab: 3D digitization tools including printing and scanning.
Consider requesting research instruction with the Auraria Library’s Education and Outreach Services for faculty. The virtual sessions aim to help students develop their search behaviors by exposing them to appropriate research tools, efficient search strategies, and the process of evaluating information. More specifically, the library focuses on five student learning outcomes. Students will be able to:
- Evaluate information and information sources.
- Develop a search strategy.
- Recognize information sources relevant to context or discipline.
- Identify authoritative information.
- Recognize that scholarship is an exchange amongst peers.
If any of these research outcomes meet your needs, please fill out the request form
For a list of all the faculty resources offered at the Auraria Library, visit: library.auraria.edu/faculty-resources