Canvas is currently developing an integration with Office 365 (O365), which will greatly impact the lives of students and teachers. Not only will it be easier to submit assignments and such, but all of the applications are created in the cloud, therefore minimizing the use of personal storage.
If you don’t know what Office 365 is, it’s quite similar to Google Doc’s however it is created by Microsoft and boasts their current Microsoft Office applications, all using web browsers and all data stored is in the cloud (also quite similar to Google Docs).
The new integrations that users will be able to use are:
* Submitting files directly from Office 365 to specific Canvas assignments
* Access Office 365 through Canvas SpeedGrader to add feedback
* You can link Office 365 documents anywhere on Canvas
* Directly connect Office 365 documents in course modules
* Collaborate with other peers in class using any type of Office documents
* Grade and create assignments in OneNote and push those grades to Canvas
* Signing into one, means signing into Office 365 as well
This integration will make using Canvas and Office 365 easier in terms of collaborating both programs together.
Look for more information coming soon.